[Openstack] [Glance] Blueprints!

Brian Waldon brian.waldon at rackspace.com
Tue May 1 17:48:04 UTC 2012

I've got quite a few Glance blueprints looking for some assignees. Feel free to pick any of these up, and please find me if you need more of an explanation:

1) python-glanceclient

We've gotten python-glanceclient integrated into devstack, but its not quite complete. We need to go through the existing client (that ships with Glance) and make sure we aren't missing anything major.

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/glance/+spec/glance-client-parity

2) Image API v2

The definition of the v2 API is still in flux, but there's quite a bit of work that can already be done.

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/glance/+spec/api-v2-schemas
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/glance/+spec/api-v2-image-upload
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/glance/+spec/api-v2-store-access (has a dependency)

3) python-glanceclient + Image API v2

This one may not need to happen immediately, but at some point we need to integrate the v2 API into python-glanceclient.

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/glance/+spec/glance-client-v2

4) tenant-specific swift store

We need to be able to store images in different swift accounts based on the authenticated user.

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/glance/+spec/swift-tenant-specific-storage

Thanks for your help!
Brian