[Openstack] Installion guide for OpenStack Essex on Ubuntu 12.04

San Su susltd.su at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 00:27:15 UTC 2012

Hi Martin and Shark,

      Thank you for your post. I am a beginner in OpenStack, it is very
helpful for me to install OpenStack.

      Follow Martin's instruction, I am planning to deploy
OpenStack environment with 5 nodes based on VMs (all VMs are running on the
VMware Vsphere ESXi server, and are installed Ubuntu 12.04 server) .
These nodes list as below:
1. One Nova controller node, run glance, rabbitmq-server, and NTP server.
2. Two workers nodes, run Nova compute, Nova network, Nova volumes.
3. One verification node, run keystone.
4. One OM node, run dashboard.

    Now I am stuck at the step 4, when I try to verify Glance is working or
not.
Execute 'glance index' in the Nova controller node,  get the error wrapped
with dashed as below:
root at ubuntu:/home# glance index
Failed to show index. Got error:
There was an error connecting to a server
Details: [Errno 111] Connection refused

I'd appreciate any hints to debug this further.

Thanks,
Sam