[Openstack] [Doc] Nova options changes and documentation

Anne Gentle anne at openstack.org
Fri Mar 30 18:16:23 UTC 2012

Yes. This. More below.

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 4:06 AM, John Garbutt <John.Garbutt at citrix.com>wrote:

> > > How else can we parcel out the doc work and track it? Open to any and
> > > all ideas here.
> >
> > I think a blueprint for the 'Essex Flags' documentation will help track
> it.  We
> > can then link bugs to the blueprint, and update the blueprint with any
> > additional notes or links.
> >
> > I think a single bug for each group of options will probably suffice;
>  there will
> > only be a few people working on this anyways.
>
> Can automate that?
>
> Maybe get Jenkins, when it merges a branch, to raise a doc bug if a new
> flag has been added, or the flag comment or default has changed?
> You might get a few false positives, but that is probably no bad thing.

Thanks, John. I know lots of open source projects do this, let's do it.
Monty and gang, I added to the doc automation blueprint on openstack-ci at
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/openstack-ci/+spec/ci-doc-automation.

Important note: I don't want devs to think this is how they throw stuff
over the wall to a "team of doc writers" since we don't have dedicated doc
resources for configuration docs (that I know of, unless there's a secret
wiki, ha!). There's a small group, we're organized and need a list for the
backlog, but need all the people who know about config to help.

Thanks, so glad I can bounce ideas here.
Anne