[Openstack] [Doc] Nova options changes and documentation

Michael Pittaro mikeyp at lahondaresearch.org
Fri Mar 30 00:35:22 UTC 2012

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 12:59 PM, Anne Gentle <anne at openstack.org> wrote:
> Hi Docs Core team and others,
> David Kranz has identified changes to the nova.conf configuration options in
> the attached .diff file. They directly affect the configuration chapter for
> the Compute Admin manual as well as the networking chapter.
>
> I have also gone through all the possible flags and created this list:
> http://etherpad.openstack.org/newflagsessex indicate what are new in Essex.
>
> I realize this is a lot of work and I'd like ideas for how to track the doc
> work for all these changes. My sense is that many are already logged as doc
> bugs so possibly I just log more bugs based on groups of flags.

> How else can we parcel out the doc work and track it? Open to any and all
> ideas here.

I think a blueprint for the 'Essex Flags' documentation will help
track it.  We can then link bugs to the blueprint, and update the
blueprint with any additional notes or links.

I think a single bug for each group of options will probably suffice;
 there will only be a few people working on this anyways.

mike