[Openstack] Running code on instance start/terminate

Rogério Vinhal Nunes rogervn at dcc.ufmg.br
Thu Mar 29 17:50:53 UTC 2012

Actually, I'm having problems in a much simpler layer. I've done the
following code thinking that I would start from there to find info:

---------------------
conn = amqp.Connection(host="localhost:5672", userid="guest",
password="guest", virtual_host="/", insist=False)
chan = conn.channel()
chan.queue_bind(queue="compute", exchange="nova", routing_key="
notifications.info")

def recv_callback(msg):
    print 'Received: ' + msg.body + ' from channel #' +
str(msg.channel.channel_id)

chan.basic_consume(queue='compute', no_ack=True, callback=recv_callback,
consumer_tag="testtag")
while True:
    chan.wait()
chan.basic_cancel("testtag")

chan.close()
conn.close()

But I get no messages at all. The script just stays still. I've added
"--notification_driver=nova.notifier.rabbit_notifier" to nova.conf also.