[Openstack] Specification of nova-diagnostics

Leander Bessa leanderbb at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 10:02:38 UTC 2012

Ok, so far i have been able to generate the following output:

+-------------------+-------------+
|      Property     |    Value    |
+-------------------+-------------+
| cpu0              | 0.0         |
| cpu1              | 0.0         |
| memory            | Unavailable |
| vda_bytes_read    | 1010688     |
| vda_bytes_written | 5729280     |
| vnet1_bytes_read  | 682         |
| vnet1_bytes_sent  | 0           |

I'm not sure about the cpu values, since i need to sample these during 1
second in order to obtain a valid value. I've followed the same logic as
the one virt-top uses(http://people.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-top/faq.html).
The memory keeps returning an empty value, i suppose it has something to do
with libvirt.  Apparently, the result is just a dictionary/associative
array where you can add the keys and values you seem fit. What i didn't
find was any convention for the names of each property.