[Openstack] Auto Assigned Floating IPs take a long time to associate

Kevin Jackson kevin at linuxservices.co.uk
Wed Mar 28 12:58:07 UTC 2012

Cheers Phil,
It's not that I can't get to the instances - I'd assume it was an ARP issue
at that point - its the fact that Nova hasn't notified me that it has
assigned an IP address: see my additional note where I guessed an IP
address it would've assigned and I could access it... but management tools
were still blissfully unaware.
I used to have a working Diablo set up with pretty much this same set up
(this is under Essex RC1 / Ubuntu 12.04) and never had an issue.

This just looks like it has assigned the IP to the instance, but hasn't
notified the management underbelly of MySQL so any client tools
interrogating the instance doesn't see that nova has done this work already.

Kev

--
Kevin Jackson
@itarchitectkev