[Openstack] Generic method to make the OpenStack services daemonize / run as different user

Joshua Harlow harlowja at yahoo-inc.com
Tue Mar 27 19:30:05 UTC 2012

DevstackPY can do this for u.

But that's probably not what u want??

https://github.com/yahoo/Openstack-DevstackPy/blob/master/devstack/runners/fork.py

On 3/27/12 11:57 AM, "Martin Gerhard Loschwitz" <martin.loschwitz at hastexo.com> wrote:

Hi Folks,

i'm looking for a generic way to make the OpenStack components (keystone-all,
glance-api / glance-registry, nova-*) daemonize. I had expected the scripts
to have such an option out of the box, but apparently that isn't so. I don't
want to use upstart (as that is Ubuntu-specific) or start-stop-daemon (as
that is mostly Debian-specific). Is there any recommended official method for
this?

Also, are there any hidden command line arguments that tell these daemons to
switch drop privileges and run as another user?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Best regards
Martin G. Loschwitz

--
Martin Gerhard Loschwitz
Chief Brand Officer, Principal Consultant

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and/or the accompanying documents
are privileged and confidential under applicable law. The person who
receives this message and who is not the addressee, one of his employees
or an agent entitled to hand it over to the addressee, is informed that
he may not use, disclose or reproduce the contents thereof. Should you
have received this e-mail (or any copy thereof) in error, please let us
know by telephone or e-mail without delay and delete the message from
your system. Thank you.