[Openstack] BUG on dashboard (Horizon)

Anthony Young sleepsonthefloor at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 21:16:00 UTC 2012

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 11:58 AM, Guilherme Souza <
souza.guilherme18 at gmail.com> wrote:

> All configurations are correct and the service is running, if i try to run
> the status command on shell i prints running, and in fact it was, because i
> need keystone to access the horizon, in a test i stop the keystone and
> tried to log in, but it had identified a problem on access, then i up the
> service and i can log in.

I don't have enough info to say for sure if this is your problem, but the
symptoms sound like there could be an issue with your service catalog
config.

There are actually 2 api services rolled into keystone, a user auth service
and an admin service.  The user service runs on port 5000, and is the
component that logs you into dashboard.  It sounds like this is working for
you.

User/Tenant management is provided by the admin portion of the api, which
runs over port 35357.  Dashboard learns about this service through the
keystone serviceCatalog (using the adminURL of the identity service).  So,
in order for User/Tenant management to work correctly, you need to have the
identity adminURL configured correctly in your serviceCatalog.

I can't recall keystone diablo's exact db format, but you should be able to
see your endpoints in mysql, and verify that the adminURL looks correct.
 You should also be able to curl this url (http://my_host:35357/v2.0).  For
your reference this is devstack's diablo/stable command to add the identity
service to the serviceCatalog:

$BIN_DIR/keystone-manage $* endpointTemplates add RegionOne keystone
http://%SERVICE_HOST%:5000/v2.0
http://%SERVICE_HOST%:35357/v2.0 http://%SERVICE_HOST%:5000/v2.0 1 1

This is kinda a cryptic command, but the part referencing port 35357 is
what sets the adminURL in question.