[Openstack] hardware specifications for a little private cloud

Everett Toews everett.toews at cybera.ca
Mon Mar 26 17:20:03 UTC 2012

One other thing you'll want to consider upfront w.r.t a hardware purchase
is whether or not you want to support live migration.

http://docs.openstack.org/cactus/openstack-compute/admin/content/configuring-live-migrations.html

For this you'll need a large amount of shared storage (usually via NFS)
where the instance files will live. Whether you choose SAN, NAS, or just a
node with a bunch of disk is likely dependent on your environment and
budget.

Everett