[Openstack] Caching strategies in Nova ...

Kevin L. Mitchell kevin.mitchell at rackspace.com
Fri Mar 23 15:20:41 UTC 2012

On Fri, 2012-03-23 at 13:43 +0000, Gabe Westmaas wrote:
> However, I kind of expect that many users
> will still poll even if they know they won't get new data until X
> time.

I wish there was some kind of way for us to issue push notifications to
the client, i.e., have the client register some sort of callback and
what piece of data / state change they're interested in, then nova would
call that callback when the condition occurred.  It probably wouldn't
stop polling, but we could ratchet down rate limits to encourage users
to use the callback mechanism.

Of course, then there's the problem of, what if the user is behind a
firewall or some sort of NAT... :/
--
Kevin L. Mitchell <kevin.mitchell at rackspace.com>