[Openstack] Caching strategies in Nova ...

Sandy Walsh sandy.walsh at rackspace.com
Fri Mar 23 11:54:51 UTC 2012

Yup, makes sense. Thanks for the feedback. I agree that the external
caches are troublesome and we'll likely be focusing on the internal
ones. Whether that manifests itself as a memcache-like implementation or
another db view is unknown.

The other thing about in-process caching I like is the ability to have
it in a common (nova-common?) library where we can easily compute
hit/miss ratios and adjust accordingly.

-S