[Openstack] Being pedantic about pedanticism: HACKING styleguide

Maru Newby mnewby at internap.com
Thu Mar 22 23:26:12 UTC 2012

Hi Jay,

On 2012-03-22, at 2:13 PM, Jay Pipes wrote:

> Object Imports
>
> In addition, the following DOES NOT appear in Glance's section on imports:
>
> - Do not import objects, only modules
>
> Nowhere in PEP8 does it mention anything about not importing objects. In fact, PEP8 says this:

I'm pretty sure the reason for this rule has nothing to do with PEP8, and is instead intended to avoid circular imports.  I don't see the utility in applying the rule to 3rd party modules, since circular imports wouldn't be an issue, but I do consider it a best practice for project code.

Cheers,

Maru