[Openstack] Keystone client broken??

Joshua Harlow harlowja at yahoo-inc.com
Thu Mar 22 22:21:03 UTC 2012

I'm still confused.

Is there a bug in the keystone client that is causing these attributes to not exist?

I am assuming yes, since devstack.org is doing the same calls.

https://github.com/openstack-dev/devstack/blob/master/eucarc#L22

Which should blow up in the same place.

Thx for the explanation though.

On 3/22/12 3:16 PM, "Jesse Andrews" <anotherjesse at gmail.com> wrote:

With *all* services, if you know the endpoint you can query them
directly with the auth mechanism (either token or ec2 access/secret).

OpenStack has an identity service (keystone) that returns a catalog of
services (for discovery)

You don't need to look at the catalog if you know the endpoints.

Just set the AWS endpoint how you would normally.

That said: horizon can build a eucarc that has an access/secret & ec2
endpoint for you.  It does so by doing the same thing devstack does:

  * looks in the catalog for the ec2 endpoint, and writes it the file
  * requests an access/secret for a user from keystone.

If you have all that, you can skip ahead to go :) and use your tools.

The assumption is a user of an openstack cloud would need to determine
those things, and we expose them in keystone (discovery and
tokens/access/secrets)

Jesse