[Openstack] Please stop the devstack non-sense!

Duncan McGreggor duncan at dreamhost.com
Tue Mar 20 21:05:08 UTC 2012

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 3:14 PM, Chris Wright <chrisw at sous-sol.org> wrote:
> * Joshua Harlow (harlowja at yahoo-inc.com) wrote:
>> https://github.com/yahoo/Openstack-DevstackPy
>>
>> Its our chance to make it right :-)
>
> Hopefully your session, or a joint session will make the Common
> development track so we can at least put to rest the best way
> to handle distro agnostic devstack.
>
> thanks,
> -chris

Not sure what the intent here is, but "putting to rest" sounds ominous ;-)

As members of a large and diverse open source project and members of
the larger open source ecosystem, innovation should be embraced. Just
because a decision is made in one cycle, doesn't mean that's the best
way to do something from then on.

I would encourage us, as a group, not to seek (or get chased into) the
rut of dogmatism...

But, perhaps you just meant: "let's get some consensus from project
leaders on the recommended way for now" -- and that sounds great to me
;-)