[Openstack] Configuring Nova VNC Proxy_Essex_rc1

Adam Gandelman adamg at canonical.com
Tue Mar 20 05:08:56 UTC 2012

On 03/19/2012 09:04 PM, Andrew Weiss wrote:
> Hi Anthony,
>
> So I figured out the issue I was having. I was using the nova-vncproxy
> Precise rc1 packages, however nova-consoleauth was not included.
> Instead, I simply pulled the source from Git.
>
> Only other issue now is that the access URL that is being returned
> uses the 127.0.0.1 host.  Even after I set the the following flags it
> still won't change the host to the IP address I want:
>
> --novncproxy_base_url=http://192.168.10.1:6080/vnc_auto.html
> --novncproxy_port=6080
> --novncproxy_host=192.168.10.1
>
> When I execute "nova get-vnc-console <server id> novnc" I get an
> access URL back, but it is using the host 127.0.0.1 which obviously
> poses an issue when I access my dashboard from a different host. Any
> idea where else I might be able to change this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> *
> *
>
> Andrew

Andrew--

Packaging has been fix to properly install nova-consoleauth as its own
binary package (its currently coupled with nova-console), should be
updated in precise with the next upload (presumably rc1) [1]  However, I
had the same results trying to set the base url flag, perhaps that is an
unrelated nova bug.

Adam

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/959426