[Openstack] Removal of VSA Code

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Thu Mar 15 16:57:35 UTC 2012

Brian Waldon wrote:
> I would like to add that the complete lack of documentation makes the
> VSA code unusable. I have no idea where to get started with it.  The
> following bug has been open and assigned for the past 6+
> months: https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/835099. The fact that you
> are maintaining a fork of Nova with your own enhancements also
> reinforces the idea that VSA should not live within the Nova codebase.
> We are also in our release-candidate phase, so any major code
> 'enhancements' should *not* be landing.

+1: it was a bit late to realize that it's not working/not documented,
and it's definitely too late to fix it.

I will add that we should make sure that in Folsom it gets easy to build
a volume plugin without needing changes to core code, so that
maintaining them off-tree is easier.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack