[Openstack] Could tokens be cached in memcached on swift-proxy while auth by keystone ?

Chmouel Boudjnah chmouel at chmouel.com
Tue Mar 13 17:58:38 UTC 2012

On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 5:49 PM, Kuo Hugo <tonytkdk at gmail.com> wrote:
> Also , this consideration keeps in my mind . But it seems not like what I'm
> thinking while authenticate by Keystone.  Swift-proxy does not cache
> validated tokens in memcached .  It always try to validate client's token by
> query keystone for every requests.
> I'm interesting about the reasons of this design. Isn't better letting
> swift-proxy to check client's token in memcached first ?

This should be the Job for auth_token, this has been added (or
rewritten) and commited as of last night :

https://github.com/openstack/keystone/commit/1e07b98d77a6ccb254e6f4411682235a47dab137

Yo basically would have the setting :

memcache_servers = 192.168.254.11:11211

in your [filter:tokenauth] directive and it will use that.

[Yes documentation needs to be updated, we are working on it]

Chmouel.