[Openstack] Gerrit minimum review time frame

Armando Migliaccio amigliaccio at internap.com
Tue Mar 13 16:34:54 UTC 2012

On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 3:58 PM, Josh Kearney <josh at jk0.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 7:17 AM, Thierry Carrez <thierry at openstack.org>
> wrote:
>>
>> So I'd rather work on formally splitting the nova-core group into
>> smaller topic-oriented review groups, which would ensure that code
>> affecting a given area is reviewed by the experts of that area (rather
>> than by whoever happens to be on ReviewDay duty), and would allow them
>> to work as a team.
>

> ++
>
> If we make any changes, this would be the way to go IMO.

I think that the review from a sub-nova-core should be opt-in, because
most of the times you get good and thorough reviews on the code
regardless of the semantics of the actual code under scrutiny. I fear
that asking a small sub-set of people to review a piece of code which
they are very familiar with can skew the review.