[Openstack] [OpenStack Foundation] Foundation Structure: An Alternative

Jonathan Bryce jonathan at openstack.org
Tue Mar 13 15:58:15 UTC 2012

In the wiki, we had laid out a target of the 1/3's being 4-5 members, so that puts the target in 12-15 range. I think it's a reasonable size that allows broad representation. I agree with Sean 20+ begins to be less effective.

In the current proposal with the Affiliate Member class, I'd imagine that some of the similar affiliate organizations would likely work together to support candidates that they feel will represent their interests. When it comes to something like a vote of no confidence who would make the vote? The entire member class? I think it would get overly complicated to try to set up some set of official blocs within a class that might change every year with each election cycle.

Jonathan