[Openstack] Notifiers

Swaminathan Venkataraman venkat.db at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 13:33:49 UTC 2012

Hi,
I've been playing around with openstack for a month now and was looking to
see how I can contribute. I saw that nova and glance use different methods
to send out notifications. It looked relatively straight forward to make
them use one common library for notifications. That way, when we make
changes or add new transports we do not have to do it twice (or more number
of times depending on how other components of openstack do notifications).
Let me know if someone is already working on this. If not, let me know if
this makes sense and I can start by creating a blueprint. Also, is there
any preference to use object oriented (or not)?

Cheers,
Venkat