[Openstack] Openstack with Xen

Thomas Goirand thomas at goirand.fr
Sat Mar 10 04:55:55 UTC 2012

----- Original message -----
> Kronos is great for developers

we didn't write the packaging for developers only!!!

> However, suggesting
> Kronos to people looking to set up small OpenStack pilots is plain wrong.

It is *not*, that is the only way to get things
tested and fixed before Wheezy. If anyone finds an
issue in the SID packages, I welcome them to use
reportbug and submit issues on the Debian bug
tracker, and we'll fix things asap. Cureently, we
had zero bugs sent by users... So it means that,
either because of silly suggestion that Kronos isn't
production ready (based on no real fact...) nobody
is testing it, or that the packages are perfect. :)

> So In the end it is about making the users informed of what their options
> are;

Maybe you'd better let them know that we will take
care of any issue that they might find, and that we
need some testers!!!

> they can then choose based on the above considerations

They will wrongly think that XCP/Kronos is buggy if
we continue this way. That's just plain wrong.

> and on what
> it's available on the wiki: http://wiki.openstack.org/XenServer

This wiki needs to be updated with more Kronos
stuff IMO.

Thomas