[Openstack] eventlet weirdness

Eric Windisch eric at cloudscaling.com
Mon Mar 5 16:25:41 UTC 2012

> an rpc implementation that writes to disk and returns,

A what? I'm not sure what problem you're looking to solve here or what you think the RPC mechanism should do. Perhaps you're speaking of a Kombu or AMQP specific improvement?

There is no absolute need for persistence or durability in RPC. I've done quite a bit of analysis of this requirement and it simply isn't necessary. There is some need in AMQP for this due to implementation-specific issues, but not necessarily unsolvable. However, these problems simply do not exist for all RPC implementations...

--
Eric Windisch