[Openstack] eventlet weirdness

Yun Mao yunmao at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 20:05:22 UTC 2012

It seems that there used to be a db_pool in session.py but got removed
by this commit.

https://github.com/openstack/nova/commit/f3dd56e916232e38e74d9e2f24ce9a738cac63cf

due to this bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/838581

But still I'm confused by the discussion. Are we saying eventlet +
sqlalchemy + mysql pool is buggy so instead we make every DB call a
blocking call? Thanks,

Yun