[Openstack] Keystone should to Apache HTTPD.

Adam Young ayoung at redhat.com
Thu Mar 1 19:41:24 UTC 2012

On 03/01/2012 02:26 PM, Joshua Harlow wrote:
> This seems like it could also be done for every other WSGI endpoint right?
> It seems like it should be possible for all WS endpoints to be hosted
> in apache (or other server) without problems happening.
> This might be connected to extracting/abstractig out eventlet (since a
> pre-forked apache doesn't really care about that model) so that it is
> not always needed.

Sorry for posting twice, the first got delayed for some reason.  Figured
this deserved a top level post anyway.

Regarding thread safety,  if Apache runs in pre-fork mode,  we don't
have to worry about that:  each request comes in a separate process.
The issue is session state, which is not maintained across requests.

Keystone doesn't have sessions, so for Keystone, it is a non-issue.  I
can't speak to the rest of the 'stack.