[Openstack] Debianizing Documentation

Alexey Eromenko al4321 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 02:55:44 UTC 2012

Hi All !

...besides the patches I already sent,
I'm currently working on Debianizing the official documentation,
openstack-manuals.

I will provide a non-intrusive patch, by adding "sudo" support to Debian:
# usermod -a -G sudo <myuser>

+ explain the basic packages, that need be installed, plus add mention
of Debian across the docs.
I have started with "staring guide" and "nova" manuals.
This approach will allow to keep much of the guide pre-pended by "sudo
this; sudo that", at the same time supporting Debian...

For the curious: Debian project *has* own HOW-TO here:
http://wiki.debian.org/OpenStackHowto

... but I believe it is important to embrace Debian a bit more boldly
within the OpenStack community, at the official docs level.
--
-Alexey Eromenko "Technologov"