[Openstack] HA inside VMs (via Corosync/Pacemaker)

Christian Parpart trapni at gmail.com
Sat Jun 30 01:55:41 UTC 2012

Hey all,

I would like to setup a highly available service *inside* two KVM instances,
so I have created a security group to contain all required service ports,
so clients can connect to either VM and that works.

And both instances have their own designated IP address, provided by
nova itself.

And now I want to allocate a custom private IP address (I just chose one
from
the higher address range, since I've a quite a big one (/21) and it was
planned
to use higher numbers for HA service IPs.

But how do I teach OpneStack to let traffic to these KVMs via its designated
Service IP?

I took a look at the iptables rules, however, they are created
automatically,
and I did not get it really right what it all wants to tell me yet and what
is there
for what (not every rule uses -m comment --comment $hint). :-)

So how do I teach OpneStack custom provided IP addresses?

Best regards,
Christian.