[Openstack] setuptools-git

Alan Pevec apevec at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 17:48:36 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 7:19 PM, Monty Taylor <mordred at inaugust.com> wrote:
> We use pip-requires as part of building the virtualenvs. Once we start
> using it, setuptools-git is pretty much required for running setup.py,
> so many common actions in our workflow will require it.
>
> It's a good question though - and I consider the current existence of it
> in pip-requires purely a convenience hack. We don't have a strong place
> in our infrastructure to indicate setup_requires entries. I'll work on
> that next.

test-requires is also used when building venv and until there are
separate build-requires, seems to be a better place for deps such as
this

Trouble is that openstack.common.setup.parse_requirements() parses
pip-requires and puts everything there into egg-info, which should be
only run-time deps.

Cheers,
Alan