[Openstack] Unit tests, individual vs. test suite

Andrew Bogott abogott at wikimedia.org
Fri Jun 29 15:34:14 UTC 2012

     Lately I've been noticing that some individual unit tests fail for
me, even though the overall test suite succeeds.  So, for example:

$ /opt/stack/nova$ ./run_tests.sh
<snip>
OK (SKIP=5)

$ /opt/stack/nova$ ./run_tests.sh test_virt_drivers
AbstractDriverTestCase
     test_add_to_aggregate                                        ERROR
0.02
     test_agent_update                                            ERROR
0.02
     etc.

     And yet, if I scroll up and look at the earlier run (where
everything passed) I see it running AbstractDriverTestCase with all green.

     What's happening here?  Does this mean that tests are coupled in
some unhealthy way such that they can only be run in a particular order?

-Andrew