[Openstack] inter vm communication issue

Tom Sante tom.sante at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 08:26:48 UTC 2012

Hi,

I am a colleague of Bram working with him on these same systems.
We are now experiencing other issues related to networking on our nodes:

- we gave openstack eth0 as the vlan interface
- eth0 en eth1 are still slaves in a bond0 (mode 6)
==> we are seeing a big number of dropped packets on the eth1 interface, this under heavy load causing an unstable network on our VMs

My guess would be because we are directly using eth0 as vlan interface while it is a slave in a bond is creating these issues.
Or should this not create issues?

If so while we managed to avoid inter VM communication issues by using eth0 as vlin int. instead of our bond0 (= eth0+eth1)
this still leaves the issue of why a bond interface would function as the openstack vlan interface?

Regards,

Tom

Op vrijdag 1 juni 2012, om 15:28 heeft Bram De Wilde het volgende geschreven: