[Openstack] When are hostnames okay and when are ip addresses required?

Nathanael Burton nathanael.i.burton at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 00:08:07 UTC 2012

While at a minimum this is a doc bug, I would suggest we do one of the
following:

1. Rename existing parameters that require the value to be an ip address
such as 'metadata_host' to 'metadata_host_ip' so that it is more obvious.
Make this a standard for all config parameters.

2. I agree with Lars, it would be even better if it was seamless
(regardless of what was set, host or IP) and where we require IP addresses,
do resolution.

Nate