[Openstack] [Devstack]Keystone authentication problem when installing

Ke Wu ke.wu at ibeca.me
Thu Jun 28 01:30:37 UTC 2012

Hi,

I can't find a mailing list of devstack so I choose to ask here, hope this doesn't spam you guys.

I was trying to build Devstack on my VM (Ubuntu 12.04 server) to start a new environment for Horizon development.

Everything went well until it hit the point to start Keystone service, the error msg was:

Expecting authentication method via
  either a service token, --token or env[SERVICE_TOKEN],
  or credentials, --os_username or env[OS_USERNAME].
+ NOVA_USER_ID=
++ get_field 1
++ read data
++ grep ' service '
++ keystone tenant-list
Expecting authentication method via
  either a service token, --token or env[SERVICE_TOKEN],
  or credentials, --os_username or env[OS_USERNAME].
+ NOVA_TENANT_ID=
++ keystone ec2-credentials-create --user --tenant_id
usage: keystone ec2-credentials-create [--user_id <user-id>]
                                       [--tenant_id <tenant-id>]
keystone ec2-credentials-create: error: argument --user_id: expected one argument
+ CREDS=
++ failed
++ local r=2
++ set +o xtrace