[Openstack] Nova and asynchronous instance launching

Devin Carlen devin at openstack.org
Wed Jun 27 19:53:39 UTC 2012

We filed a blueprint for this yesterday:

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/launch-instances-async

"Currently if a user attempts to create a lot of instances with a single API call (using min_count) the request will hang for a long time while all RPC calls are completed. For a large number of instances this can take a very long time. The API should return immediately and asynchronously make RPC calls."

We are looking for creative ways to work around this problem, but in the meantime I'd like to hear from folks on what they think the preferred solution would be.

Devin