[Openstack] [OpenStack][Nova] Snapshot stuck in Queued state, no erros found in compute log

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 15:32:54 UTC 2012

This looks very familiar :) Make sure that you have enough space in the
partition that houses /tmp (usually whatever partition has / mounted).
The snapshot operation requires at least as much space in /tmp as the
size of the snapshot to be made.

If you have improperly given yourself a very small root partition
(likely if you are using devstack or devstack's PXE images), then you
can remedy the situation using a bit of a hack:

ln -s /tmp /some/mount/with/space

Best,
-jay