[Openstack] horizon install from devstack fails to find glanceclient/versioninfo

Doug Hellmann doug.hellmann at dreamhost.com
Wed Jun 27 12:23:20 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 8:14 PM, Dean Troyer <dtroyer at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 6:37 PM, Doug Hellmann
> <doug.hellmann at dreamhost.com> wrote:
> > OK, I got past that part but now I'm seeing an error about a missing
> volume
> > group "stack-volumes". Is that related to enabling cinder? The only
> settings
> > I have in my localrc file are passwords. Is there something else I need
> > do to ensure cinder is "on"?
>
> I use this to enable cinder:
>
> ENABLED_SERVICES=$(echo $ENABLED_SERVICES | sed
> 's/n-vol/c-api,c-sch,c-vol/')
>
> But the volume group should be created either way.  The cinder patch
> did change its name from nova-volumes to stack-volumes though.

I'm not doing anything that makes me care which volume storage I'm using,
so I don't necessarily need to enable cinder. For whatever reason, with the
defaults, the volume group isn't being created (or has the wrong name). I'm
using a fresh vagrant VM with all of my sandboxes updated to HEAD this
morning.

I'll run it again and get a list of the volume groups that do exist and see
if I can figure out what's going wrong.