[Openstack] [OpenStack][Nova] No tests available in custom branch

Kevin L. Mitchell kevin.mitchell at rackspace.com
Tue Jun 26 15:44:42 UTC 2012

On Tue, 2012-06-26 at 16:33 +0100, Leander Bessa Beernaert wrote:
> I'm not calling run_tests.sh from the nova subdirectory. I'm saying
> that from the location where nova_tests.sh is located, i can import
> connection.py.
> However, when i try to import connection.py from with
> cd=nova/virt/libvirt, it fails. The funny thing is i can import all
> the modules int that directory perfectly, except connection.py.

That's expected.  Whenever you run Python, the current directory is
added to the import path.  connection.py has several absolute imports
that it depends on being able to import; when you run from the top-level
of the repo, things like "nova.virt.libvirt.utils" can be found, whereas
importing from the nova/virt/libvirt directory means that
"nova.virt.libvirt" makes no sense.
--
Kevin L. Mitchell <kevin.mitchell at rackspace.com>