[Openstack] [nova] How nova deals with the attached volumes after the server being resized?

王盼|2076 hzwangpan at corp.netease.com
Tue Jun 26 07:46:28 UTC 2012

Hi All,

I saw that nova doesn't do anything with the attached volumes on the server in the essex version, and when I tried to resize a server with a volume attached on the server's  /dev/vdc device, this volume disappeared after resizing(by "virsh dumpxml"), but I can get the volume is "in-use" by "nova volume-list".

What I want to ask is that, should we detach the volumes before resizing a server and reattach it after resized?

If anything is wrong above, welcome to correct it.

Thanks in Advance

Best Regards,
Wangpan