[Openstack] [OpenStack][Swift] Global data backup, possible or not?

Leander Bessa Beernaert leanderbb at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 12:37:26 UTC 2012

Hello,

I've been tasked with finding out if Swift has any means of performing a
consistent global backup of all the information stored, which then could
easily be restored in case of failure.

I've been reading the documentation and these are my conclusions so far are:

- Swift maintains a copy of the data throughout each storage node;
- The data contained in these nodes, might or not be up to date. It depends
mainly on whether the replicator has propagated all the changes or not.

Is there a way in which i could backup the data from swift and ensure that
the backed-up data is up to date at the time of the backup?

Regards,
Leander