[Openstack] [Nova] How to improve our bug triaging ?

Martin Packman martin.packman at canonical.com
Fri Jun 22 14:37:20 UTC 2012

On 21/06/2012, Thierry Carrez <thierry at openstack.org> wrote:

> * Should we just encourage more people to do BugTriaging ?
> Sounds like the obvious solution. However to do good triaging, you need
> bug supervisors rights, and when I proposed to open that team (the
> nova-bugs team) to anyone, there was resistance. Maybe it makes sense
> for Nova though... or maybe someone should actively manage that team and
> grant rights to any known triager that needs them.

I don't think an open team is required, but actually approving people
to it would help. I went looking the right team to join the other day
after seeing some recent bugs that I'd be able to confirm. Saw there
were six people pending approval, including Chuck, who's clearly
qualified to do bug triage, so gave up on the idea.

There's really no reason not to approve everyone who requests
membership right away, can always kick them out if they prove to be
clueless.

Martin