[Openstack] HVM + Xen Hypervisor via libvirt possible?

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Fri Jun 22 09:56:26 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 11:22:13AM +0800, Li Wang wrote:
> Thanks all for replying.
>
> We want to stick on to the Xen Hypervisor for some reason.
>
> 1. Does the community plan to support this feature?

I'd like to see it supported by Nova, because it would improve the
libvirt driver in general, but I don't think I'll have time to
work on it in the near future.

> 2. Could I submit this request to the blueprint? My team would like to
> contribute on it if necessary.

Sounds like a good idea to submit a blueprint, or alternatively
file a bug, or both. I'm happy to review any code submissions
for this.

> 3. or some good reasons to migrate from Xen to KVM?

I'd favour KVM for a variety of reasons, but lets not turn this into a
bikeshed discussion about which is best ;-P

Regards,
Daniel