[Openstack] Router as a VM

Dan Wendlandt dan at nicira.com
Thu Jun 21 23:20:51 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 6:18 AM, Neelakantam Gaddam
<neelugaddam at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Dan,
>
> Can you point me to the brief instructions on how to run nova-network on a
> VM and make it as a router?

Hi Neelakantam,

I was just referring to running nova-network in a linux VM using the same
instructions as installing nova-network on a bare-metal linux server.  This
isn't very flexible though, and may not meet you needs depending on use
case (e.g., you can have different VMs being routers for different tenants).

In the Folsom-3 iteration, we will be working on an improved L3 model for
quantum that will be more flexible, enabling a model where all tenants use
a single linux device as their gateway, or a model where each tenant get
their own VM acting as a router (as well as other use cases).

Dan

--
Dan Wendlandt