[Openstack] About over-commit memory

Vishvananda Ishaya vishvananda at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 22:13:51 UTC 2012

I just noticed there is a bug in ram_allocation_ratio, it actually only multiplies the check for free ram which doen't do a lot.  Bug filed here:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1016273

In the meantime, to overcommit you will have to disable the ram check completely by setting the following set of enabled filters in conf.

scheduler_default_filters=AvailabilityZoneFilter,ComputeFilter

Vish