[Openstack] [Metering] Meeting agenda for Thursday at 16:00 UTC (June 21st, 2012)

Nick Barcet nick.barcet at canonical.com
Thu Jun 21 17:09:44 UTC 2012

On 06/20/2012 08:55 PM, Nick Barcet wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The metering project team holds a weekly meeting in #openstack-meeting,
> Thursdays at 1600 UTC. Everyone is welcome.
>
> http://wiki.openstack.org/Meetings/MeteringAgenda
>
> Topics for this week:
>
> * Review last week's actions
>   - nijaba: to point to the calculator in the blueprint
>   - dhellmann: start mapping API queries to database engine methods
>   - dhellmann: look at existing plugins and pick one of each for
> examples in docs
>   - dhellmann: email info on examples to nijaba
>   - nijaba: to prime the doc once info received from dhellmann
>   - nijaba: to prepare incubation application for review at the next meeting
>   - dachary: talk to Dragon about SystemData / ceilometer and try to
> create cooperation
>   - dhellmann: to talk to Quantum devs about integration with ceilometer
>   - dachary: to talk to swift devs about integration with ceilometer
>   - nijaba: to talk to cinder devs about integration with ceilometer
>   - dachary: talk to Dragon about SystemData / ceilometer and try to
> create cooperation (i.e. nova)
>   - jd_: to talk to glance devs about integration with ceilometer
>
> * Status of the essex compatibility effort that jd is leading
>
> Feel free to add other points you would like to discuss to the wiki page.

The meeting took place and here is a summary:

==============================
#openstack-meeting: Ceilometer
==============================

Meeting summary
---------------

* LINK: http://wiki.openstack.org/Meetings/MeteringAgenda  (nijaba,
  16:00:03)
* dachary will unfortunately not be able to join us this week for work
  related reasons, he asked me to present his excuses.  (nijaba,
  16:00:23)
* actions from previous meetings  (nijaba, 16:01:04)

* nijaba: to point to the calculator in the blueprint  (nijaba,
  16:01:17)
  * LINK: http://wiki.openstack.org/EfficientMetering#Volume_of_data
    (nijaba, 16:01:17)

* dhellmann: start mapping API queries to database engine methods
  (nijaba, 16:01:46)

* dhellmann: look at existing plugins and pick one of each for examples
  in docs and email info on examples to nijaba  (nijaba, 16:04:14)

* nijaba: to prime the doc once info received from dhellmann  (nijaba,
  16:09:09)
  * ACTION: nijaba: to prime the doc on plugins  (nijaba, 16:09:09)

* nijaba: to prepare incubation application for review at the next
  meeting  (nijaba, 16:10:27)
  * LINK:
    http://wiki.openstack.org/Projects/IncubatorApplicationCeilometer
    (nijaba, 16:10:27)
  * ACTION: during next week meeting we will vote on the Incubation
    application  (nijaba, 16:12:44)

* dachary: talk to Dragon about SystemData / ceilometer and try to
  create cooperation  (nijaba, 16:13:08)
  * ACTION: dachary: talk to Dragon about SystemData / ceilometer and
    try to create cooperation  (nijaba, 16:13:22)

* dhellmann: to talk to Quantum devs about integration with ceilometer
  (nijaba, 16:13:32)
  * ACTION: dhellmann: talk to Quantum devs about integration with
    ceilometer  (dhellmann, 16:14:13)

* dachary: to talk to swift devs about integration with ceilometer
  (nijaba, 16:14:29)
  * ACTION: dachary: to talk to swift devs about integration with
    ceilometer  (nijaba, 16:14:45)

* nijaba: to talk to cinder devs about integration with ceilometer
  (nijaba, 16:14:57)

* jd___: to talk to glance devs about integration with ceilometer
  (nijaba, 16:16:47)

* Status of the essex compatibility effort that jd is leading  (nijaba,
  16:21:42)
  * ACTION: jd___ check that openstack-ci runs the tests for Essex
    (jd___, 16:27:00)
  * ACTION: jd___ add some tests on daemon launching  (jd___, 16:27:11)

* discussion about cinder integration  (nijaba, 16:27:49)
  * ACTION: nijaba to question best method to authenticate admin client
    calls from ceilometer to cinder (and other projects)  (nijaba,
    16:36:00)
  * ACTION: nijaba to include adding events to cinder to previous action
    (nijaba, 16:43:37)
  * LINK: http://wiki.openstack.org/NovaVolumeMeetings  (nijaba,
    16:46:01)

* open discussion  (nijaba, 16:47:55)
  * ACTION: dhellmann and nijba will be joining and nijaba will initiate
    a private thread with jgriffith  (nijaba, 16:51:26)

Meeting ended at 16:52:14 UTC.

Action items, by person
-----------------------

* dhellmann
  * dhellmann: talk to Quantum devs about integration with ceilometer
  * dhellmann and nijaba will be joining and nijaba will initiate a
    private thread with jgriffith
* dachary
  * dachary: talk to Dragon about SystemData / ceilometer and try to
    create cooperation
  * dachary: to talk to swift devs about integration with ceilometer
* jd___
  * jd___ check that openstack-ci runs the tests for Essex
  * jd___ add some tests on daemon launching
* jgriffith
  * dhellmann and nijba will be joining and nijaba will initiate a
    private thread with jgriffith
* nijaba
  * nijaba: to prime the doc on plugins
  * nijaba to question best method to authenticate admin client calls
    from ceilometer to cinder (and other projects)
  * nijaba to include adding events to cinder to previous action
  * dhellmann and nijaba will be joining and nijaba will initiate a
    private thread with jgriffith
* openstack
  * jd___ check that openstack-ci runs the tests for Essex
* **UNASSIGNED**
  * during next week meeting we will vote on the Incubation application

People present (lines said)

* nijaba (92)
* dhellmann (36)
* jd___ (23)