[Openstack] [Swift] Interested in implementing swift ring builder server

John Dickinson me at not.mn
Tue Jun 19 19:13:36 UTC 2012

It looks like Florian (at Rackspace) is working on that blueprint. He just assigned it to himself.

I'm happy to hear that you have some extra devs for swift work. I'd love to help coordinate some swift goals with you.

Off the top of my head, here are a few things that could be worked on:

1) Handoff logic should allow every node in the cluster to be used (rather than just every zone).

2) Compatibility with Ubuntu 12.04 needs to be solid

3) Make installation trivially easy.

--John