[Openstack] Need help and guidance of Openstack Swift

Yogesh Bansal yogeshbansal83 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 18:04:58 UTC 2012

Hello Friends,

I have just started using Openstack.  I am trying to make a web based
application for Openstack swift. I am using the Django and python for my
application. Could you please provide me few examples how to send the
command to swift server using python.  I am able to get the auth token from
keystone and the public url for the swift storage. But when I tried to use
that swift public  URL, in response it say "'403 Forbidden\n\nAccess was
denied to this resource.\n\n" and Django stops by giving this error message
"raise ValueError(errmsg("Extra data", s, end, len(s)))
ValueError: Extra data: line 1 column 4 - line 5 column 4 (char 4 - 55)
"
I am able to run the curl commands with are provided in the Openstack
documentation and its running fine.  I just need help using python.
I am learning python and Django also. I have little understanding on this.

Could you please help and guide me on this.

Thanks
Yogesh