[Openstack] [Swift] Interested in implementing swift ring builder server

Mark Gius mark at markgius.com
Mon Jun 18 19:23:29 UTC 2012

Hello Swifters,

I've got some interns working with me this summer and I had a notion that
they might take a stab at the swift ring builder server blueprint that's
been sitting around for a while (
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/swift/+spec/ring-builder-server).  As a
first step I figured that the ring-builder-server would be purely an
alternative for the swift-ring-builder CLI, with a future iteration adding
support for deploying the rings to all servers in the cluster.  I'm
currently planning on making the ring-builder server be written and
deployed like the account/container/etc servers, although I imagine the
implementation will be a lot simpler.

Is anybody else already working on this and forgot to update the blueprint?
 If not can I get the blueprint assigned to me on launchpad?  Username
'markgius'.  Or if there's some other process I need to go through please
let me know.

Mark