[Openstack] glance_api_servers vs. glance_host vs. keystone?

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 15:17:13 UTC 2012

On 06/18/2012 10:41 AM, Lars Kellogg-Stedman wrote:
>> Thus, I suspect that nova may not even use the Keystone endpoints...
>
> That sounds crazy to me, but I just got here.  That is, why go to the
> effort to develop an endpoint registration service and then decide not
> to use it?  Given the asynchronous, distributed nature of OpenStack,
> an endpoint directory seems like a good idea.

It's mostly a vestigial thing. Before Keystone had an endpoint registry,
we used configuration options to indicate important endpoint URLs.

> Just out of question, what *does* use the endpoint registry in
> KeyStone (in the Essex release)?

I would imagine that most things will move towards using the endpoint
registry over time and getting rid of multiple hardcoded endpoint URLs
in configuration files.

Best,
-jay