[Openstack] Intermittent devstack-gate failures

Dan Prince dprince at redhat.com
Thu Jun 14 21:48:59 UTC 2012

Hey Jim,

Any updates or new ideas on the cause of the intermittent hangs?

I mentioned these on IRC with regards to one of the Essex failures.... one thing I've seen with Glance recently is that both the glance-api and glance-registry now use (and try to auto create) the database by default. I've had issues when I start glance-api and glance-registry in a quick sequence because both of them try to init the DB.

So in devstack we could run 'glance-manage db_sync' manually:

  https://review.openstack.org/#/c/8495/

And in Glance we could then default auto_db_create to False:

  https://review.openstack.org/#/c/8496/

Any chance this is the cause of the intermittent failures?

Dan