[Openstack] [Swift] swift.common.client and swift CLI has moved to its own project python-swiftclient

Dan Prince dprince at redhat.com
Wed Jun 13 14:42:22 UTC 2012

Okay. It looks like Swift also still depends on swiftclient. Long term it would be nice if we could build and unit test swift without relying on the swiftclient package. Could we:

 1) Move any binaries that require swiftclient into the python-swiftclient project.

 2) Move swift function tests into Tempest.

I know Nova Diablo had a dependency on python-novaclient which we removed in Essex. This seems to make the testing, packaging, and deployment much cleaner.

Dan