[Openstack] List of glance image metadata tags used by nova ?

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Wed Jun 13 09:34:06 UTC 2012

I was recently pointed at this changeset which adds CPU arch filtering
to the Nova schedular.

  https://review.openstack.org/#/c/8267/

IIUC, this relies on any disk images registered with glance having a
'architecture' metadata tag assigned.

Some of the plans I have for improving the Libvirt driver for Nova
will be greatly helped by having other various metadata tags against
disk images.

This leads me to wonder if there is any defined list of glance image
metadata used/supported by Nova (possibly with common semantics across
all hypervisor drivers) ? Or are developers just making up metadat tag
names as we go along ?

Following on, is there any place where this info is to be included in
end user documentation, so people deploying openstack know what tags
they should use when registering images ?

Regards,
Daniel